In instances when a customer's application needs to communicate with the NovoEd platform, API calls may be programmed to deliver or retrieve information between the two applications.
- Org Admin requests an API Key and Secret from the NovoEd Support Team. (See article.)
- Connect the API Key to a course or institution. (See article.)
- Program the APIs in the application that will communicate with NovoEd.
- Test the API calls within the preferred application.
- Enable API calls within the preferred courses and/or learning journeys.
Types of APIs
NovoEd provides three different categories of APIs that can be programmed:
- Enrollment APIs
- Register New Learner
- Unregister Learner
- Resend Welcome Email
- Get Registration Info
- Get All Courses in an Institution
- Archiving User-Generated Content
- Message Archive
- Discussion Archive
- Assignment Submission Archive
- Private Feedback Archive
- Practice Submission Archive
- Practice Submission Discussion Archive
- Team and Group Workspaces Archive
- Manage Users at the Institution-Level
- See Available roles
- See Custom Profile List
- Update Custom Profile
- Update Email
- Update External ID
- See User
- Update User
- Create User