If your organization is interested in Single Sign-On Integration, please contact your Customer Success Manager (CSM) to set up an SSO Kickoff Call with the Support Team. If your organization has its own SSO procedure that requires documentation to be completed upfront, please provide that information to your CSM.
Step 1: Notify your CSM
Notify your CSM that you wish to initiate the SSO process. Please include the following information:
- Your IT Team’s SSO Contact(s)
- Your identity provider and version (SAML 2.0 only)
- Confirm whether or not you plan to integrate courses into an LMS
- Any upfront SSO documentation required by your organization
Step 2: SSO Kickoff Call is scheduled
NovoEd CSM will schedule a call with you and NovoEd Support. Please ensure the SSO contact on your IT Team is present.
Step 3: SSO Kickoff Call
NovoEd Support will walk you through the process and confirm process details with you.
Step 4: NovoEd Support shares metadata URL
NovoEd Support will provide a metadata URL following SSO Kickoff Call and an upload link for Step 5. If your organization has a preferred method to share data with NovoEd Support, please let us know.
Step 5: Share your configuration information with NovoEd Support
A link to a secure upload will be provided to you. Please upload an XML or TXT document containing the following information:
- Entity ID:
- Target URL for Login to the IdP:
- Target URL for Logout from IdP:
- IdP Certificate:
- Attribute Claim for First Name:
- Attribute Claim for Last Name:
- Attribute Claim for Email Address:
- Attribute Claim for External/Unique ID: This is optional. If email addresses change, it is recommended to send a unique ID to avoid the creation of multiple accounts for the same user.
- Attributes Claims for Org Profile Fields: This is optional. See section “Organization-Level User Profiles” for more information.
Step 6: NovoEd Support sets up the SSO configuration in a test NovoEd institution
The configuration is set up in a test NovoEd institution, so there is no impact on existing users in your institution.
Step 7: NovoEd provides SP-init URL and testing instructions to the customer
Test users should not be existing NovoEd users. If you are an existing NovoEd user, please inform NovoEd Support to delete your account.
Step 8: Test the configuration and provides your results to NovoEd Support
Please view our SSO Testing Directions page for more information.
Step 9: NovoEd Support analyzes results and confirms if the SSO configuration is successful
If the testing results do now indicate success, NovoEd Support will help you troubleshoot. A call may need to be scheduled.
Step 10: Provide NovoEd Support with the date/time of when the SSO configuration should be moved to your NovoEd institution
If your institution has existing users, you may want to schedule the move to a date/time when most users are not going to be using the NovoEd platform.
Step 11: NovoEd Support schedules the SSO configuration move and confirms when it is connected to the customer’s NovoEd institution
Hooray! Your SSO configuration is ready for use! You can now select a relevant learner registration option in the Course Basics section of your courses.