NOTE: The Video Practice feature is only supported in Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.
There are a couple of methods that one may experience when recording a practice scenario:
- Respond on the Spot: Be prepared to record your practice video after seeing the scenario.
- Respond when Ready: You may record your practice video at any time and with unlimited takes.
Read the directions carefully to understand the expectations before launching the activity. For clarity, this article will show Respond on the Spot as an example. Your activity may have a different configuration.
Image of a video scenario
How to Record a Practice Video
Step One: View Scenario
- Once you launch a video practice activity, you may view the scenario (video and or text). Note that you will not be able to see the scenario or prompt later while recording.
- Respond on the Spot: you will have a limited time to view the prompt and prepare before recording a response. You will see a warning like this on the lesson page before launching the activity:
- Respond when Ready: You will not have time limitations and may begin when ready.
- Read the prompt and prepare to record.
Step Two: Record Response
- When launching the recording, it will ask permission to access your camera and video. Allow access to NovoEd. If you block access, you may go to your browser’s settings to grant access manually later.
- The second step is to record a response, but please note the directions.
- You may record your practice up to the time limit configured. You may also discard and try recording again if you have additional takes remaining.
Step Three: Review & Submit
- Once you are done recording, you have a chance to review your recording before submitting if you have any takes and time remaining.
- One can then choose to record again (if allowed) or submit.
After submitting, you will see your own response in a gallery of other responses. This will open up access to the Practice Room for you and other peers to view videos, give feedback, and continue practice at any time.
Learn more about the Practice Room and how to comment on others’ submissions.