Admins now have an option to decouple video media from existing courses. We have implemented multiple ways of decoupling to allow for un-sharing of videos to easily make subsequent updates when needed. The goal is to provide the flexibility for admins to be able to stop the sharing of videos between courses.
How to stop video sharing between courses?
After the course has already been created with shared videos, one will need to make changes in the course basics.
- Log in as an admin
- Go to course basics
- At the bottom of the page is the Video section
- Uncheck the “This course shares videos with another course”
- Click Save button
As an Org Admin, if one is deciding to no longer share videos with a new course clone, simply change "Shared" to "Copy" when cloning the course.
- Select a course to clone from the institution dashboard page
- Mouseover on the right side of page to the kabob icon
- Click on the kabob icon
- Click on Course Flyer and Content
- Clone Flyer and Contents popup
- Select Copy Audio and Video files (Shared is selected by default)
- Click Create button
- Course cloning process begins
This method decouples audio and video media from the new cloned course.
Note: When requesting a new course clone from the NovoEd Support team, please notify us whether you intend to Share or Copy Audio and Video Files.