What is Degreed?
Degreed is a platform that connects learners to resources they utilize to learn. It allows companies to determine the gaps that currently exist across the organization and areas to focus on for employee development. Degreed curates and pushes relevant content on-demand. It sets out to enable a corporate customer to make their own organization-wide courses available in Degreed and automate syncing of completion data.
Degreed is the largest LXP on the market and adopted by some of NovoEd's largest customers. An LXP (Learning Experience Platform) is a platform where all learning experiences from different sources come together. NovoEd’s integration with Degreed allows for NovoEd learning experiences to be portrayed into a dedicated Degreed instance.
Users must be registered customers to both platforms. Customers should reach out to their CSMs or Support (firstname.lastname@example.org) in order to initiate Degreed integration.
- Register on Degreed
- Completion of Degreed registration will generate the ID and secret information
- Visit the Advanced Settings Admin Dashboard at the institution page
- Enter the ID and secret information provided by Degreed to set up access
Once setup is complete, the NovoEd learning experience becomes discoverable to learners and can be launched from Degreed.
Course admins have the option to include and set up course and skills tags, which are accessible through the course basics page. Learner completions are available on-demand and attributes such as, Title, Description, Avatar, completion status, are pushed into Degreed.
Course tags and duration
Define and manage a set of tags for capabilities at the org level, then assign them on the course level. The Skill Tags created in the NovoEd org level aligns with the tags in Degreed and allows Degreed users to search and discover NovoEd courses by those tags.
Tags are set up within the Skills Tag option on the left-hand side bar at the org-level and selected in the course basics. Duration is a setting for how long participants should spend on the course.
You can learn more about Skills Tagging here.
- Go to Skill Tags from the institution page
- Click on Add a Tag near the top of the Skill Tags page
- Input relevant content
- Click Save when done
- Cancel to start over
- Open a course
- Go to the course basics
- Scroll to the bottom section under Additional Metadata
- Define the course duration in hrs:days and select from available capability tags
- Click Save to preserve your selections
- Cancel to start over
Degreed API endpoints:
- Create a Course - https://api.degreed.com/docs/#create-a-new-course
- Update a course - https://api.degreed.com/docs/#update-a-specific-course
- Metadata updates or setting as “obsolete” when the course is closed
- Mark course obsolete - https://api.degreed.com/docs/#delete-a-specific-course
- Or in case a released course is unreleased
Note: Courses will remain searchable on Degreed until they’re closed and migrated out. Syncing skills to a course requires additional API endpoints.
How do I make a NovoEd offering no longer discoverable in Degreed?
In NovoEd, mark the course "Demo" offering or un-release the course. This is what translates to Degreed as "obsolete." Learn more about how Degreed and NovoEd communicate in our Degreed Data Dictionary.