We allow users to embed links from third-party websites to enrich their point of view. However, there are instances where shared links are not working as expected. Here is a troubleshooting guide for errors when trying to embed a site.
Steps to embed a link to a page:
- Go to edit mode on the lesson page
- Click on the Add Component
- Scroll down to the Third Party section on the left panel
- Click on Embed
- A pop up will appear where you can paste the embed link
- Enter a valid link
- Click on the Add button
The iFrame should display the embedded link.
What to expect when entering an invalid link?
- A warning appears on the entry field.
- Some websites utilize a no embed configuration such as TED.com therefore copy & pasting the direct link will not work.
- In this case look for the share button to capture the appropriate link to share.
What to expect when a link is successfully embedded?
- An iframe will appear in the section and display content from the embedded link.
How to determine when a link is not embeddable?
- Not all website links can be embedded into another website page.
- When a link is not embeddable either an error page will display or no content will be shown in the iframe.
What should be your next steps when you encounter a link that is not embeddable?
- Revisit the website and search for a share button that can generate an embed link.
- Reach out to the website’s support team (if available), to request for an embed link.
- Research other options that could substitute for similar content.
- NovoEd Support can provide guidance in case all other options were explored.