Purpose: Times and dates are displayed throughout the NovoEd platform such as on assignment due dates, release updates, and discussion threads. The times and dates displayed are automatically set to match the time zone of the computer or device. However, the learner can select a preferred time zone.
Steps to Managing Language and Time Zone Preferences:
- Select the user’s avatar in the top-left corner to display the user settings menu.
- Select Language to be directed to the Language and Time Zone settings page.
- In the Time Zone Preference section, choose between two options:
- Option 1: Automatically update my time zone based on my computer’s clock (recommended)
- Option 2: Select a time zone. (If selecting Option 2, select the desired time zone from the drop-down menu.)
- Preferences automatically save when selections are chosen.
Note: Choosing a preferred time zone indicates that the NovoEd platform will always display the preferred time zone, regardless of the computer or device’s location. Be aware that assignment due dates will always display the preferred time zone, even when accessing NovoEd from a different time zone.