NovoEd does not accept payments. For NovoEd customers with offerings to consumers for a fee, there are three options available:
- Build a custom integration from the customer’s existing payment system into NovoEd using the NovoEd Enrollment API to push registrations into NovoEd. This approach is applicable for customers with an existing system and a desire to offer courses on NovoEd at scale.
- Create a Shopify online storefront for the organization (NovoEd customer). NovoEd integrates with Shopify. Customers will need to enable the integration per course and list each course on Shopify. This integration will enroll learners automatically on NovoEd after they pay for the offering on the storefront.
- Customers can charge learners on their existing systems and upload a CSV file to NovoEd to enroll them in your courses. This option works the best for customers not offering courses at scale and for courses that are cohort-based.
The steps below outline how customers can enable the Shopify integration for their course on NovoEd.
NovoEd supports one user being added per purchase. While Shopify allows multiple purchases, NovoEd only supports single purchases for one user per instance. Admins will have to manually add the additional users into NovoEd if there are multiple seats purchased.
Steps to Enable Shopify Integration for a NovoEd course:
- Create a Shopify product for the course offering.
- Follow the steps listed on the Shopify helpdesk to create a webhook.
- Configure the webhook to be notified on Order Creation or Order Payment
- Select JSON for the format of the data.
- Under URL, enter the following URL: INSTANCE.novoed.com/CATALOG_ID_OF_YOUR_COURSE/shopify
- Replace INSTANCE with the name of customer’s domain on NovoEd
- Replace CATALOG_ID_OF_YOUR_COURSE with the Catalog ID of the course on NovoEd.
- Name of the product on Shopify: List the exact name given to the product on Shopify.
- The Shopify secret provided in Step 6.
Troubleshooting a Shopify Integration
If the Shopify integration is not sending data, one of the following might be the reason:
- The name of the product on Shopify is different from what is entered on NovoEd.
- The secret provided to NovoEd is wrong.
- The URL entered on the Shopify webhook settings is referring to the incorrect course.
- There may have multiple seats purchased, but NovoEd only recognizes one user added per purchase.
The NovoEd customer support team can help double-check these issues at firstname.lastname@example.org.