NovoEd is a program delivery platform that enables users to build and roll out engaging and effective learning experiences at scale. This article is for customers who need to integrate other technologies with NovoEd to create a learning stack that matches their needs.
NovoEd provides integrations in 4 key areas to enable customers to manage their learning operations at scale:
- Single Sign-on
- Content Integrations: SCORM, Micro-Learning Libraries & Third Parties
- Learning Portal or E-Commerce Integrations
- Compliance System of Record
Many customers begin offering learning experiences on NovoEd with almost no integrations in place and add them as they discover new needs for operational scale. This article is an introduction to NovoEd’s integrations.
NovoEd’s Single Sign-on (SSO) feature enables learners to login to the NovoEd platform with their existing company username and password, and prevents learners from having to remember a password specific to NovoEd.
To enable SSO in NovoEd, customers should consider the following:
- Customer must already have an Identity Provider set up that supports a SAML 2.0 interface
- NovoEd must become a SAML consumer to the NovoEd customer’s identity provider
- IDP-init (Identity provider initiates SSO) or SP-init (Service provider initiates) implementations
In addition to a streamlined login experience for learners, introducing Single Sign-on into a NovoEd institution also enables the option to offer courses that are open to everyone within the organization, where Admins will not be required to manage enrollments.
For more details on this integration and configuration, see Single Sign-On.
Content Integrations: SCORM, Micro-Learning Libraries & Third Parties
For customers looking to incorporate outside content in their learning courses, the NovoEd platform accepts several types of content integrations:
- SCORM - A SCORM file (Sharable Content Object Reference Model) packages course content and makes it consumable by other learning technologies. SCORM packages can easily be uploaded into NovoEd and embedded directly into the flow of the learning experience.
- Micro-Learning Libraries - Customers that have subscriptions to micro-learning libraries (and have obtained the right to use the content) can include this content in their NovoEd course by uploading an AICC package. Common examples of micro-learning libraries include Grovo and LinkedIn Learning.
- Third-party content - Other third-party content that is not in SCORM or AICC format can be IFramed (Inline Frame) into NovoEd and embedded onto lecture pages.
- Other - NovoEd supports video files, audio files, documents, and natively built visual content as well.
These integrations enable course builders to weave a variety of content sources seamlessly with NovoEd features, providing a richer and more diverse experience for their learners. For more details on how to integrate content, see Content Integrations.
*Please note: Customers are expected to follow intellectual property laws and obtain the appropriate permissions before using third party content.
Learning Portal or E-Commerce Integrations
Learning Portal and E-Commerce integrations help ensure NovoEd customers advertise their learning experiences to their target audience. In addition, these integrations also enable NovoEd learners the ability to discover relevant courses on their own.
Different factors help determine which integrations make the most sense for NovoEd customers, such as:
- Type of audience - Internal employees, employees from other companies, consumers who have paid for the course, or consumers who discover the course organically and enrolled through a custom website/CRM
- Goals - How do learners log-in to the NovoEd course? How do learners discover the right course?
To better understand which integrations match each NovoEd use case, see Selecting a Learning Portal or E-Commerce Integration for more details. For more information on specific integrations, see the following articles:
- Integrating with Learning Management Systems: AICC
- Integrating with Learning Management Systems: xAPI
- Integrating with Salesforce
- Integrating with Shopify for E-Commerce
Compliance System of Record
NovoEd is a social learning platform and creates large amounts of user-generated content. For customers with compliance requirements (e.g. within a heavily regulated industry), NovoEd offers API integration options to remove data for all user-generated content from course offerings.
For more details of these APIs and recommended workflows, see the following articles: