Open the app and log in with your NovoEd email address and password.
- For users who sign in through a different system using SSO, log in the same way as you would on the web app with your enrolled email address
Once you are logged in, you can opt into push notifications in your preferences.
By default, the My Learning page displays the Welcome home page of a course.
You’ll be able to navigate to Downloads and Announcements using the bottom navigation banner.
Tap the hamburger menu to switch institutions, change the course language, edit your profile, get help, or sign out.
Downloading Content for Offline Viewing
The mobile app is a great resource to download course material for networks that may have trouble connecting consistently. To download material for offline viewing, click the downloads tab and tap the cloud icon to download an entire section or a single lesson. You will see a green checkbox badge when your download is complete.
You can access your downloads at any time from the downloads tab.
Please note, you must be online to participate in discussions, assignments, quizzes, and activities that require interactions with course members.
To delete/remove downloaded content, tap on the ellipses menu icon.
Mobile Push Notifications
Push notifications are small modals that pop up on your mobile device to remind you and engage with the course.
One may receive push notifications on their mobile app if:
- There is a communication that a course admin has chosen to send as a push notification
- A Live Event is about to begin
To disable or enable push notifications on your device settings:
Note that settings may vary by device. Please refer to the directions provided by the manufacturer. We provided some common examples:
- Go to Settings > then to Notifications
- Navigate to the NovoEd App listed in your apps
- Toggle to allow or disable notifications
- Tap the Apps icon on your home screen.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Apps or App Manager
- Scroll down and tap NovoEd App.
- Tap Notifications.
- Confirm Block all is toggled ON (Samsung / other devices, Toggle Allow Notifications OFF)
- Restart your device.
Notable Course Settings
The time limit to keep the live session for the mobile app authentication depends on the course inactivity set up for the institution.
By NovoEd default, a session lasts for 2 weeks or until the connection is disrupted by external factors (i.e. network connectivity dropped).