If you would like to have your Zoom account integrated with NovoEd, there are two major steps:
1. Your organization will need to have a paid-Zoom account. Per Zoom's protocol, the host and co-host will need to be on the paid account under the same license that is used to set up the integration.
2. Your organization will need to acquire your Zoom API Key and API Secret. This will give NovoEd the right to create Zoom meetings on behalf of clients.
To generate your API Key and API Secret:
- Be logged into Zoom with your account
- Go to: https://marketplace.zoom.us/develop/create
- Look at the JWT block
- You should see "Your account already has JWT credentials."
- Click "View here"
- You should see the API Credentials section
- You should then see your API Key and API Secret
- Click "copy" to gather the data for the API Key and API Secret
Once you have your API Key and API Secret, visit the Advanced Settings page from your institution’s dashboard.
Scroll down to the Zoom API Integration section and select Configure.
Enter the API Key and API Secret from the master Zoom account and select Enable Zoom.
You can return to the Advanced Settings page at any time to edit your Zoom API Key and API Secret, or to disable the Zoom API integration.
Zoom Integrations for cloned courses
Cloned courses with an existing Zoom API integration needs to have the cohost / assigning alternate hosts enabled on the Zoom account. It allows anyone listed on the Zoom account to host.
Note: If the cohost/assigning alternate hosts are not enabled upon cloning, the Zoom meeting will not be created and the JOIN NOW button will remain deactivated. This would affect user experience by forcing users to join in through the event link.
Disabling Zoom API Integration
If you disable the Zoom API integration, all your existing Zoom meetings will be converted to Live Events with links and will lose all automatic Zoom API features such as automatic attendance tracking, importing of recordings, and automatically reflecting meeting updates. Once made, these changes cannot be undone.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Zoom Data Usage
The Zoom integration on NovoEd is done through an API key and secret that allows NovoEd to create Zoom meetings on behalf of clients in their Zoom account when they create or update a meeting in their NovoEd online learning experience.
NovoEd registers every learner in the course on the Zoom event, sending the first name, last name, and email address of learners to Zoom. Learners launch the meeting using the Zoom application. NovoEd does not have exposure to the content of the meeting.
If enabled, NovoEd will pull the recording from Zoom and store it to allow learners to watch it after. If not enabled, NovoEd will not receive the video recording and will not be able to automatically add it to the lesson page.
NovoEd receives the list of attendees at the end and provides a report of attendees in the custom downloads.
If Enabled, NovoEd Will Have Access to the Following:
- Creation and modification of events on the customer's Zoom account
- Registering all learners in the course to the meeting, sending the following to Zoom: first name, last name, email.
- Zoom meeting recordings, if enabled
- List of attendees pulled from Zoom
Requirements for a successful Zoom integration experience:
- Make certain that the integration is intended for the Zoom meeting account.
- The account has to be at the Pro-level price point or higher.
- The integration could only run one meeting at a time.
- Unfortunately, running multiple meetings at once is not allowed.
Zoom is not a subprocessor of NovoEd. Clients need to have their own DPA executed with Zoom for GDPR compliance. Adding an API key/secret to enable the integration with Zoom is giving NovoEd the right to do the above.