For issues where Support cannot replicate the behavior, NovoEd Engineering will need specific information from the affected user; this typically is providing a HAR file and a screenshot of the console by the affected user.
How to Capture a HAR File
Instructions to access the HAR file from Chrome. Instructions for Internet Explorer and Firefox are available here.
- Open Google Chrome (a new incognito window is recommended) and go to the page where the issue is occurring.
- From the Chrome menu bar select More Tools > Developer Tools.
- From the panel opens at the bottom of your screen, select the Network tab.
- Look for a round red Record button ( ) in the upper-left corner of the Network tab, and make sure it is red. If it is grey, click it once to start recording.
- Check the box next to Preserve log .
- Click the Clear button ( ) to clear out any existing logs from the Network tab.
- Refresh the page ( ) where the issue is occurring.
- Now try to reproduce the issue that you were experiencing before, while the network requests are being recorded.
- Once you have reproduced the issue, right click anywhere on the grid of network requests, select Save as HAR with Content , and save the file to your computer.
- Upload your HAR file to your ticket or attach it to your email so that we may analyze it.
Here is a brief animation showing this process:
How to Screenshot Your Console
1. From the Chrome menu select More Tools > Developer Tools.
2. Navigate to the Console tab in Developer Tools
2. Make sure you are capturing the errors from the beginning/top of the screen
3. Then according to your computer setup, take a screenshot (How Do I Take a Screenshot?)