Once you click "Course Language" click the dropdown menu and select the preferred language.
Once you select the course language, new users enrolled in the course will have their user language preference set to this language.
How do learners choose their preferred language in the platform?
- The user may choose their preferred language in the platform UI by clicking on the language menu from their Account/ Language > Language and Time Zone > Language Preference
What will change in the UI, notifications?
- The selected language will be used in the NovoEd platform user interface and notification emails.
- All UI text will be adapted to the default course language (for example: hardcoded headings, labels, due dates, points, UI explanatory text, menu, platform warnings, push notifications, component names, etc. For right-to-left languages, like Arabic, the UI format will adapt for this as well.
- It will not change adapted, inputted text (e.g. If the course creator titles the group name in a different language).
- In-platform notifications will be translated into the chosen language. Note that it will not translate from one language to another.
What decides the default language for a new user?
- If the user is enrolled in a new course, the default language of the course becomes their preferred language for our UI.
- If the user is added to a course that has no language set, the default is English.
What decides the language of email communications?
- The course default language set from the wrench menu by an admin. If none is selected, it will be assumed English.
What is the role of the course language?
- Determines the language used in emails
- Determines the default language set for any new users enrolled in that course
- What about existing users: existing users get to keep their preferred language choice.