1. Onboarding & Community
- Welcome email
- Pre-course email plan
- Course participant statistics email
- See Pre-Course Communications blog post
- Onboarding resources set up in course:
- Course information & logistics available
- Course timeline
- Requirements for completion
- Help resources
- Navigation or “Getting Started” tips & resources
- Team formation tips and resources
- Community introduced from day 1
- Prompt for introduction discussion post
- Course map set up for learners to geo-tag their location (if applicable)
- Poll set up for learners to indicate reasons for taking course, or to identify as part of specific sector, company division, job function/role, etc. (optional alternative to course map)
2. Learning Pit Stops
- Weekly email communications set up
- Synchronous events planned and announced
- Potential completion roadblocks identified
- Learner segments identified
- Intervention emails drafted and planned
4. Teaching Presence & Feedback
- Feedback plan and roles assigned
- Teaching Team introduced in discussion forum
- Course Champions/Catalysts, Mentors, Alumni Coaches, etc. recruited, onboarded and provided with resources to succeed
5. Beyond the Class
- Identify opportunities that can be provided to add value to learners beyond end of the course. Ask yourself:
- Will you be offering additional courses that learners should sign up for next?
- What will completion of those courses lead to (e.g., a credential of some kind)?
- Will you be offering this course again, and providing the opportunity for learners to serve as alumni coaches or course catalysts?
- If learners want to continue learning about this subject, to what/whom will you direct them?
- Is there a larger network or community of practitioners they can join?
- What, if any, benefits could you give them access to once they complete the course or courses (i.e. subscription to a publication, access to a private LinkedIn alumni group, invitation or discounted registration for a conference, etc.)?
- Can you offer some sort of contest or competition associated with a course assignment? What will the prize/benefit be?