In some assignments, the instructor may ask you to conduct peer reviews of your peers' submissions. Peer reviews are opportunities for you to think like an expert about a topic.
Tips for conducting a peer review
- Note the number of required evaluations for you to complete. Even for team submissions, each team member is required to complete the assigned number of peer reviews independently.
- The peer evaluation period will have a soft or hard deadline dependent on the type of deadline the assignment is given.
- If you have not submitted the peer reviewed assignment before the peer evaluation starts, you will not be able to participate in the peer review evaluation period, unless given an extension from the Teaching Team.
- You will be able to view your peer's review of your work once they are submitted.
- Once you submit a peer review, you will not be able to change your score or review! All numeric scores in peer reviews in anonymous.
Tips for conducting a team peer review:
- When you are peer reviewing a team assignment, each individual member of the team is responsible for evaluating the full number of assignments separately.
#1: To conduct a peer review of an assignment, go to the "To-dos" tab on the Course Home and find the Evaluations task.
2. This will open up the evaluations description. Read the instructions, then click on "Start a New Evaluation"
If you haven't done the assignment yet, you cannot conduct a peer review (you will see a Lock icon next to the evaluations task). Click "Take Me There" to complete the assignment.
3. Once you start the review, fill out the evaluation form on the right as you review the submission on the left. After completing your evaluation, click "Submit".
The activity page will show how many peer reviews you have conducted and if you have completed this activity. See the following example.
4. You can also revise the peer reviews you have already submitted by clicking "Revise" and choosing the specific one you want to revise.
Having difficulty conducting the peer review? Try looking at some troubleshooting tips here.