Before the course starts and while you are setting up a structure for both instructors and students, you will want to discuss with your teaching team what the task division will be and with what frequency / duration the team will take part in each activity. Be sure to include mentors and teaching assistants in these discussions. Aligning expectations and communication strategies will not only aid the teaching and mentoring teams, but also help students understand when and to whom they can direct concerns or questions.
Some things to discuss and consider are:
- Emailing learners
- Engaging with learners on discussions
- Providing feedback on learner submissions
- Answering learner questions
- Communication to learners:
- Frequency of answering questions
- When to expect instructor feedback on assignments
- The go to person for different types of questions -if applicable-
Please refer to the During Course Checklist for specific course actions to take into account in this consideration.