The Welcome Email is the email students first receive upon registering for the course.
- It is your way to set the tone and make that first impression with students. Once the course begins, you will still be able to send course announcements and emails through another part of the dashboard. (More information here.)
- The onboarding message is separate appears as the top box on course home home for the first two weeks of the learner's time in the course. (For more instructions for writing onboarding messages, look here.)
Note: usually the initial welcome message is well thought-out (remember to have a single call-to-action), but you should also consider whether it should be changed once the course has begun, for participants who sign up and join late. Perhaps information needs to be added or dates need to be changed.
- Confirmation that a student is part of a course community
- Reminder about commitment to course
The Welcome Email
From the Course Dashboard, select "Welcome Email" and click on the "Customize" button to adjust the custom email template displayed.
From the customization page, be sure to include INSERT_PASSWORD_SENTENCE and ensure this turns into an action sentence once you save. Note: only new NovoEd users will see the password sentences, current NovoEd users will not see it, so it should not be referenced in the welcome email anywhere else. You will then be able to create your own welcome email in the box that appears below. Please be sure to press submit when you are finished.
Did You Check?
- That the email is engaging and visually appealing?
- That the password component is referenced in the right place?
- That the email encourages excitement about the course?