We support embedding Google Documents directly in NovoEd. This is primarily designed for instructors to include live Google Docs in our lecture pages, though it can also be used by students to insert Docs into assignments.
Embedding a Dynamic Google Doc Link
The easiest way to embed a Google doc is to select the “Embed” component and then paste the shareable Google Doc link.
- Find the shareable link in your Google Doc.
- Copy the link
- Find the “Embed” button in the list of components
- Paste the link and click “Add”
Using a Published Link in the Rich Text Editor
Alternatively, advanced users can directly iframe the published version. Note that embedding a Google Doc will allow embedding of the editor, meaning learners will be able to interact with and edit the document.
If you’d like to only share a static version of a Google Doc you must use the Rich Text Editor, and use the published version of that document.
1. Find the embed code in your Google Doc.
2. Copy the embed code
3. Add a Rich Text Editor to your lesson
4. Find the “Edit HTML Mode” button
5. Paste the iframe code.
For more information on publishing Google Drive files, go here.