What does it mean to audit a class?
- Auditing allows you to gain/maintain access to class materials without submitting assignments.
- As an auditor, you will also not be assigned to (or allowed to join) a team or group. Therefore, you will not be able to submit for team assignments.
- As an auditor, you are more than welcome to submit individual assignments and interacting with your peer learners (through submissions and discussions).
- Since auditing does not allow you to meet course requirements, you will not receive a Statement of Completion.
- Auditing is only allowed in public courses.
How do I audit a class?
There are two ways you can audit a course.
- When you first register for a course, you can choose to audit the course.
- Once the course starts, you can choose to change your status from Enrolled to Audit.
Changing your status from Enrolled to Audit
- Click on your profile picture to reach your Course Dashboard and scroll to the Courses section. If your course has the option to audit the course, look for the gear icon.
- From here, you will see the options to change, either to Audit or Withdraw.
- You will prompted with an overlay message. Please make sure you read the message before selecting "Yes, I'm Sure" to confirm.
Reversing your Auditing Status
- If you are changing your course status from Audit to Enrolled, you can revisit the Course Dashboard and select "Reverse Auditing Status" from the gear icon.