Depending on the assignment, your instructor may ask you to submit your work in a variety of formats: a web-link, document, video file, audio file, image, spreadsheet, or powerpoint presentation.
How to upload media from the computer or web
If the assignment submission has a text submission option,
1. Click on the "cloud" icon to the left of the rich text field (in order for the icon to appear, you need to click on the text box).
2. For files from the computer: after clicking the cloud icon, you can drag and drop your media into the box bordered by the dotted line. Accepted file types include Images (PNG, JPG, JPEG), Videos (MP4, MPEG, MOV), Audios (MP3, M4A), Documents (PDF, DOCX, TXT), Spreadsheets (XLSX, XLSM, XLAM), and Presentations (PPTX).
2. For files from the web: Copy the URL of the media to the box that says "Add a Public Link" to share a link to a video or media file from a video hosting site such as YouTube or Vimeo. We limit student videos to 50MB and encourage the use of YouTube for uploading videos whenever possible. You can find more instructions on how to record and upload videos to YouTube in this article.
Still having problems?
- Have you checked the correct file type allowed for the assignment?
- Have you checked the file is not over the limit allowed? (Maximum 50MB)
- Have you checked that the assignment submission deadline has not passed?
- Have you checked whether your browser is compatible with NovoEd?
- If you are trying to upload a powerpoint presentation, have you tried saving the presentation as a .pdf and uploaded the .pdf?
If you are still having problems, contact your teaching team, and preferably include
- Link to assignment
- Profile URL
- Screenshots of any error messages you receive
- Attachment or link to assignment as submission
- Browser information (whatsmybrowser.org is a helpful tool!)