Depending on the assignment, your instructor may ask you to submit your work in a variety of formats: a web-link, a document, a video file, or powerpoint presentation.
How to upload a file/media from computer
If the assignment submission has a text submission option,
1. Click on the "advanced settings" above the rich text field
2. To upload a file, select the "Add Media" icon, and select "Upload Media" and then Choose a File from your computer. Accepted file types include Pictures (PNG, JPG, JPEG), PDF files, Powerpoint Presentations (PPTX), Microsoft Excel Spreadsheets, Microsoft Word Documents, and Text files.
How to upload media from the web
Note: We limit student videos to 50MB and encourage the use of YouTube for uploading videos whenever possible. You can find more instructions on how to record and upload videos to YouTube in this article.
1. Click on the "picture" icon in the Rich Text Editor.
2. To share a link to a video or media file from a video hosting site such as YouTube or Vimeo, select "Upload media from the web," and upload link.
Still having problems?
- Have you checked the correct file type allowed for the assignment?
- Have you checked the file is not over the limit allowed? (Maximum 50MB)
- Have you checked that the assignment submission deadline has not passed?
- Have you checked whether your browser is compatible with NovoEd?
- If you are trying to upload a powerpoint presentation, have you tried saving the presentation as a .pdf and uploaded the .pdf?
If you are still having problems, contact your teaching team, and preferably include
- Link to assignment
- Profile URL
- Screenshots of any error messages you receive
- Attachment or link to assignment as submission
- Browser information (whatsmybrowser.org is a helpful tool!)