Note: This article only applies to course-long teams with a team formation assignment.
Some assignments are completed individually, and some are completed as team assignments. Each team is given their own workspace where they can have conversations and share their work.
The team profile page displays both the members of the team and their work, including team projects, and the team activity feed. Teams may access each other's completed work to create an engaged learning community created around sharing of and collaboration on projects.
Below you will find out different parts of the team formation process and which options there are. Some other useful resources relating to team formation are:
If there is a "Team Formation: assignment in the course you are taking, you have the choice to either create your own team or join a team.
Note: You can also register yourself as a one-person team, since you must be part of a team to submit any team assignments in your course.
Creating a Team
If you are creating a team, you will automatically become the team lead. You can upload an image as the team profile picture, and decide on a team name and a tag line.
Visit Your Team Workspace
After creating the team, you'll be prompted to visit your Team Workspace.
Add Team Members
From your Team Workspace, add Team Members.
You'll be redirected to browser learners who don't have a team yet.
Send an Invitation to a Peer
- By looking at a learner's profile, you'll find peers with similar location, interests or areas of focus whom you would like to invite.
- You may select the button on their profile inviting them to join your team.
The fellow learner will receive a notification on their course homepage (as well as an email invitation) to join your team:
Accept a Request From a Peer to Join Your Team
Once creating your team, you may also receive membership requests. You'll find them under the "Invitations and Requests" icon on your left-hand navigation menu.
Having trouble forming a team?
- If you are unable to form a large team in time, do not worry. Even having one other peer learner will enhance your learning experience.
- If you can't find a peer learner in time or would prefer working alone, you can still participate in the assignments by going back to the Team Formation Assignment and creating your own team of one.
Having trouble accepting a request (or sending an invitation)?
- Is your peer already on another team? You can go to their profile and their team will display if they are on a team.
- Has your group reached the maximum size as set by course instructors? If you are unsure what the maximum size is, go to the group formation assignment which will specify a maximum size.