Note: This article only applies to course-long teams with a team formation assignment.
Some assignments are completed individually, and some are completed as team assignments. Each team is given their own workspace where they can have conversations and share their work.
The team profile page displays both the members of the team and their work, including team projects, and the team activity feed. Teams may access each other's completed work to create an engaged learning community created around the sharing of and collaboration on projects.
Below you will find out different parts of the team formation process and which options there are. Some other useful resources relating to team formation are:
Team Formation Options
When the Teaching Team has provided learners with permission to form their own teams, you will see a team formation assignment with the option to create your own team or join an existing team.
Note: You can also register yourself as a one-person team since you must be part of a team to submit any team assignments in your course.
To create your own team:
Note: When you create your own team, you are automatically designated as the Team Lead.
- Select the I will create a team option.
- Select the blue Get Started button.
- A new "Create Your Team" window will appear. You may upload a team icon image, enter the team name, and enter a team tag line.
- Select the blue Create button when finished.
To visit your Team Workspace and Team Profile:
- Select the team icon from the left-hand navigation panel. This will open the Team Workspace.
- At the top of the Team Workspace, select the team icon. This will direct you to the Team Profile.
To add team members:
- Navigate to the Team Profile.
- In the Team Member section, select the Add Member box. You will be directed to a list of learners who are not yet on a team.
- Select a learner to access the learner's profile.
- If you wish to invite the learner to join your team, select the invite button under their name. If you wish to cancel an invitation, select the invite button again.
- The fellow learner will receive a notification on their course homepage (as well as an email invitation) to join your team.
To accept requests from peers to join your team:
Once you created your team, you may also receive membership requests. You'll find them under the "Invitations and Requests" icon on your left-hand navigation menu.
Having trouble populating a team?
- If you are unable to form a large team in time, don't worry. Even having one other peer learner will enhance your learning experience.
- If you can't find a peer learner in time or would prefer working alone, you can still participate in the assignments by going back to the Team Formation Assignment and creating your own team of one.
Having trouble accepting a request (or sending an invitation)?
- Is your peer already on another team? Their team will display on their profile if they are on a team.
- Has your group reached the maximum size as set by course instructors? If you are unsure what the maximum size is, go to the group formation assignment which will specify a maximum size.