Note: Groups are not always enabled in a course.
To start a group:
Note: If you created the group, you are automatically designated as the Group Admin.
- Visit the Community tab (ellipsis icon) in the top-right corner.
- Select Groups from the drop-down menu.
- Select the blue addition icon in the top-right corner to create a new group. A "Create New Group window will pop-up.
- In the "Create New Group" window, you may upload a group icon image, enter a group name, enter a group tagline, and determine if the group is Open or Closed.
To invite a member to a closed group as a Group Admin:
- Visit the group's space by selecting the group's icon from the left-side panel. The group's portable space will display.
- Select the Group Dashboard tab at the top of the Group Space.
- In the "Group Member" section, select the addition icon. You will be directed to the list of learners in the course.
- Select a learner to access the learner's profile.
- If you wish to invite the learner to join your group, select the invite button under their name. If you wish to cancel an invitation, select the invite button again.
- The fellow learner will receive a notification on their course homepage (as well as an email invitation) to join your group.
Approving the Request to Join as a Group Admin:
When a peer learner requests to join your closed group, you will receive a notification on your homepage and an email notification. When accessing the notification on your homepage, you may approve or deny the request.