* Note: This article only applies to course-long teams formed with a team formation assignment.
There are two different ways to join a team.
You can join a team by
1) Requesting to join a team and having the Team Lead accept your request
2) Receiving an invitation from a Team Leader that you can accept.
Requesting to Join a Team
If there is a "Team Formation" assignment in the course you are taking, you have the choice to either create your own team or join a team. If you want to create your own team, read this article on Starting a Team.
When you select the second option, "I will join a team", you will be prompted to browse the full list of available teams to join.
Once you find a team you are interested in joining, you can go to their team page and click "Request to Join", as demonstrated below.
Once you select "Join", you will be prompted to send a personalized message that will be sent to the Team Lead.
The team lead will then have the option of accepting or declining the request.
If the button for Request to Join does not exist or is not active, some reasons might include:
- The team has reached the team size limit as decided by the teaching team (see the team formation assignment for the size limit).
- The team is no longer accepting new invitations.
- You are already part of another team.
Receiving a Request to Join a Team
Likewise, every time you are invited to a team, you will receive a new notification under "Invitations & Requests" (along with an email). If you are not part of a team yet, you can accept the invitation to join the team.