This article contains troubleshooting tips to address potential challenges with the peer review process:
- Unable to access peer reviews from the assignments page,
- Unable to conduct the peer review, and
- Peer review did not register on assignments page.
If you are interested in the basics of conducting a peer review, see here.
1) Unable to Access Peer Reviews
Did you submit your assignment on time?
- If you did not submit your assignment on time before the peer reviews start, you will not be able to conduct peer reviews on that assignment.
- However, missing an assignment one week will not jeopardize your ability to submit and conduct peer reviews in future weeks.
- Extensions on assignments and the grading policy are at sole discretion of the teaching team. This policy will often be explained in "Course Information" under the "Lectures" tab. Often extensions will prevent the ability to perform or receive peer evaluations.
2) Unable to Conduct Peer Review
If the evaluation box does not appear, check your browser compatibility here. Also, if the peer review has other problems, you can try zooming out.
Otherwise, if your peer's assignment is not visible or has inappropriate content, please flag the submission, which will notify your teaching team.
3) Peer Review did not Register
Did the assignment have teaching team calibrations?
- If there were teaching team calibrated assignments, you will do a couple of calibrated peer reviews first which will not count towards tour allotted peer review requirement and will not register as a peer review on the assignments page.
Did you submit, not just save?
- When completing an assignment, be sure to submit and not just save it. You can check whether your assignment has been submitted by returning to the assignments page and seeing a green check next to the assignment.
If this article still does not answer your question, feel free to fill out a help desk ticket and include:
- What of the above three challenges you are facing. If it is a problem not addressed above, please make it clear that it is a different concern.
- A screenshot of the challenge.
- What browser you are using, which you can discover here.