* Note: This article may reflect an updated version you have yet to see. This article also only applies to course-long teams formed with a team formation assignment.
There are two different ways to join a team.
You can join a team by: 1) Requesting to join a team and having the Team Lead accept your request or 2) Receiving an invitation from a Team Leader that you can accept.
If you plan to form a team with friends or colleagues, once created you may share your team profile URL to share with your friends and colleagues.
1) Requesting to Join a Team
You can look through the existing teams created by clicking the Community tab and then clicking on Teams. Once you find a team you are interested in joining, you can go to their team page and click Join, as demonstrated below. You will also have the option to "Follow" a team, for public updates on their submissions or public comments.
Once you select "Join", you will be prompted to send a personalized message that will be sent to the Team Lead.
The team lead will then have the option of accepting or declining the request.
If the button for Request to Join does not exist or is not active, some reasons might include:
- The team has reached the team size limit as decided by the teaching team (see the team formation assignment for the size limit)
- The team is no longer accepting new invitations
- You are already part of another team
- You are auditing the course. How do you change your enrollment status?
2) Receiving a Request to Join a Team
Likewise, every time you are invited to a team, you will receive a new notification under "Team Invitations & Membership Requests".
When visiting the Team Profile page, you will also notice the message at the top where you can choose to Accept or Decline the invitation.