NovoEd's Activity Completion APIs allow a client to take action on behalf of learners.
Prior to using the Activity Completion APIs, you will need to request an API Key and Secret. Then, you will connect it to your preferred course(s) and/or link it to your whole institution.
This article, How to Request and Set Up an API Key and Secret, walks through the process of requesting and setting up the API Key and Secret.
There is one endpoint:
- POST Mark as Done
How to Capture API Parameters for "POST Mark as Done"
Below are steps to gather API parameters for the Mark as Done API. If you have trouble retrieving this information, please contact our Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Add a Web Link or Web Embed component to your lesson page.
- In the Link field, enter the preferred URL and add the following parameters needed to call the Mark as Done API.
- Capture the values received by the link or embedded content and use those values for the Mark as Done API.
- %%USER_ID%% --> learner_id
- %%CATALOG_ID%% --> catalog_id
- %%ACTIVITY_ID%% --> external_tool_id
- Make sure the API Key and Secret are valid. Customers will receive a 401 error if the API Key and Secret are invalid.
- Make sure calls are being made from an IP address that is authorized to use the key and secret. A 401 error will also be received here if they are not.
- Make sure a JSON call is being made. This can be done by adding .json to the end of the endpoint before starting to pass the parameters. If the wrong request type is made or HTTP is being requested instead of JSON, an error page will show.
We ensure the integrity of our API endpoints, NovoEd limits usage of our API on a per key basis. Here are the rate limits:
“Time span” is determined by when a request first comes in. Within the next time span, the requestor cannot exhaust the number of requests allowed within that time period.