NovoEd uses the Rustici Software SCORM cloud player that can play any SCORM package. Rustici SCORM cloud player supports the import and delivery of SCORM 1.2, SCORM 2004 (2nd, 3rd, & 4th editions)
If you have a set of SCORM (Shareable Content Object Reference Model) files that you would like to include in your course, you may add them directly to a lesson page.
- While in “Edit Mode”, you will click to add a content option.
- From the component menu, select SCORM file In the component menu, located in the Third Party Links & Tools section. you can select the SCORM file.
- A file selection dialogue will appear that allows you to select either .zip or .pif archives.
- You will see an upload in progress preview on page after selecting the file.
- Once the SCORM file is saved in NovoEd, you will see it with our defaults:
- Name of the file without file extension will be used as the title
- The file will be embedded in the lesson by default with an aspect ratio of 16:9 and the full content width (800 px on desktop)
- There is an option for the learner to view it in fullscreen
- One can choose the aspect ratio by editing the element
Note: While one can choose the aspect ratio, the platform is responsive and works on mobile. Consider designing with responsiveness in mind.
- Additionally, you will be able to mark the SCORM component as a “To-Do” item for your learners. This will prompt you to select an activity type, as seen below:
Support for Flash: NovoEd does not support Flash natively, and many browsers and applications no longer support Flash. If your SCORM packages were built in Articulate or a similar tool, please make sure your SCORM packages are published in HTML5, not Flash.