The Credly Integration allows for the use of Credly badges to be earned upon the completion of a NovoEd course and/or Learning Journey. Badges can be viewed in users’ Credly accounts.
- Org Admins and Course Managers can set up a Credly badge for a NovoEd Learning Journey.
- Org Admins can enable the NovoEd<>Credly integration for the institution. (Article)
- Course Administrators with the Course Builder permission set can set up a Credly badge for a NovoEd course. (Article)
To Set Up a Credly Badge for a Learning Journey
Permission: An Org Admin or Course Manager can set up a Credly badge for a learning journey.
- From the Org Dashboard, navigate to the Learning Journeys section.
- Select the desired learning journey.
- From within the learning journey, select the Admin gear icon in the top-right corner.
- From the drop-down menu, select Credly Badge.
- Enter the Credly Template ID of the desired Credly badge. (The Template ID can be found on the template page within Credly.)
- Select the blue VALIDATE button.
- Information about the Credly badge will be displayed.
- If the information is correct, select the blue SUBMIT button.
To View Credly Badges
After completing a NovoEd course or learning journey in which Credly badges have been set up, a statement in the course and/or learning journey will appear containing a link directing the user to the Credly instance.
- Credly badges can be saved for NovoEd courses and learning journeys when the badge is in both active and inactive states. Before the badge can be issued to learners, the badge must be in an active status within Credly.
- A Credly badge will be revoked when a learner’s completion had been revoked within NovoEd or there was a change in completion criteria within the NovoEd course or learning journey.